Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Day 2: Meeting More People

I slept very well in my new room. And the weather today is delightful. Overcast sky, with a gentle cold breeze. The sun has barely shown it's face over the horizon. I know because I went out to the balcony of the greenhouse room, which is next to mine on the actual corner of the house (whereas, my room is where the corner originally was.) I am headed down stairs to get breakfast. I do not know if Uncle is still here or if he left for work already. The hallway and stairs are lit by very old-fashioned (Victorian era, I think) wall lamps. They are dimmer than I remember from yesterday.  The stairs are carpeted, with a very lush black carpet, which does make navigating them in the dim light difficult.

I realized just now, that I had said that the mansion was massive, and that my room is on the top floor but I didn't say how many floors it has. Well. I just went down one flight of stairs, and I still have two to go, to reach the ground level. I could have taken the elevator, but I don't know how loud it might be.


I have reached the ground floor. And now to see if I can remember the way to the kitchen.




I just had a very interesting encounter. I was walking into the kitchen, and I was pulling a bowl out of the cabinet, and when I turned around, there was a boy. He looked just as shocked to see me, and we just stared at each other for a moment. Before awkwardly saying nothing, and continuing to get our breakfast. It is clear that he doesn't know who I am, and I certainly don't know him. We are now awkwardly sitting at the table, one seat off from being across from each other. Both eating cereal. He has fruity loopys, and I have chocolate puffs.

His hair is thick, wavy, and short-ish, and a dark red that is almost burgundy. His eyes are grey. He looks to be around my age.

"Well, you could serve the awkward tension in here with tea and sandwiches." Shaula announces her presence.

The boy and I both look down at our laps, which makes Shaula chuckle.

Then another person enters behind her. A tall, pale, young man with short black hair and black eyes, and a "chiseled" jawline. He frowns, "Who's that?" He says looking at me.

"That's Luna. Your cousin."Shaula rolls her eyes. "Do you never listen when dad informs us of visitors."

I realize that this rather rude young man must be my cousin Antares.

Antares says nothing, looks me up and down, and then leaves. Shaula sits down next to me, "Don't worry about him, he's always like that. I see you've met Timothy." She gestures to the red-head.

"Well..." I begin,

"You both were too awkward to say anything?" Shaula fills in the blanks.

Timothy and I nod our heads in the positive.


[Later]

Shaula explained that Timothy is a friend of hers that is an intern that works under Uncle Scorpius, and sometimes stays with them. I saw Uncle and Timothy leave for work. And then Shaula gave me a tour of the house. This is what she told me:

"The original house was built as a Victorian hotel for parties and vacations, but business didn't do well, so it was put on the market, it sat there for a couple years, until Dad's great-uncle - also your great-great-uncle - Alfred, bought it and began the "upgrades" as he called them, he left the look of everything the same, but made it modern in how it works. The he passed it on to his nephew Connan (dad's uncle, your great-uncle). Who added most of the modern areas to the house. And then when Connan got married, he passed the house to dad. Who has lived here ever since."

No comments:

Post a Comment