Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 1: Uncle's Mansion

Uncle Scorpius has a power outlet in his car, which means I am able to charge my notepad! Which in turn means that I can write another entry.
I'm riding shotgun! I wonder where that phrase came from? Perhaps I can find out, while on my travels.
Jakken is riding with us as well... I don't really know why.
We are outside the city now, on a small road that appears to go to nowhere - which is my favorite kind of road - so many possibilities for adventure!

[later]

We've been driving for almost 20 minutes. I was right about there not being much out here, but we have passed horses and cows grazing. Not much in the way of talking has happened either, just Uncle asking after the health of my family and I doing likewise of his. Jakken and I were officially introduced. Apparently he is the son of someone Uncle used to work with, and he - Jakken - now lives with Uncle, so I guess I'll be seeing a lot of him. Also I have discovered that Uncle likes to listen to alternative music, which I heartily approve of. He said that he listens to pump-up music on the way to work, classical/focus music while at work, and emotional/decompressing music after work. I like the theory of it, but I imagine that I would get tired of the routine.
Uncle just said that we will soon be able to see the house! I'm very excited, as I have never seen it before.

It's massive! And rather like a compilation of conflicting interests. The main part of it looks like an old-fashioned country mansion, but there are newer areas that look like what you would expect of a space-age scientist. The grounds are beautiful. I love it. I have the strongest feeling that I will greatly enjoy living here. Of course, I wonder where my ship is, but I will wait to ask Uncle about that, until after I'm settled in.

The driveway is long, and it looks like someone has drawn on it with chalk.

[later]

I have been shown to my room, it is on the top floor, in the front-right corner, of the main house. Exactly where I was hoping it would be. It's very large, but blank and empty, aside from the plain four-poster-canopy-bed, and a desk. Uncle said that I can fix up the room however I like, and that even after I leave that it will remain 'my room'. I've already got some ideas going. I have my own bathroom too!
Although... I don't even know how long I'll be here, so I might not even get anything done, on the other hand, I might be here for quite some time, so I could end up making it pretty awesome.
Wait-up. Someone's knocking on my door.

It's Jakken, he brought me a snack. And said that help me if I needed it. His room is across the hall.

Now. back to unpacking! I'll say more in the next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment